At Virtuix, we’re building the future of gaming. We’ve shipped over 4,000 units of our commercial products, Omni Pro and Omni Arena, to entertainment venues like Dave & Buster’s. Now we’re developing Omni One, the ultimate VR gaming system for your home.
We are seeking a Senior UI/UX Designer who possesses a real passion for design and a deep appreciation for user experience in the realm of gaming. You will define and design the look and feel of Omni One’s gaming platform.
- 5+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer, building and shipping applications that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms
- Experience in delivering wireframes, UX flows, mockups, interactive prototypes, design specifications, final assets, personas, and use-case development
- Ability and passion for understanding distinct user groups and iterating solutions to meet their needs
- Expert knowledge of design and wireframing software such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, or equivalent
- Familiarity with prototyping and animation tools such as Principle, Axure, or equivalent
- Understanding of Design Thinking and Human-Centered Design
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to have
- Ability to showcase your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, including interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Experience building interfaces in a VR/AR environment
- Familiarity with Virtuix’s products and knowledge of gaming platform design
- Basic knowledge of front-end development
What we offer
At Virtuix, you’ll join a talented team that’s delivering a new wave of immersive entertainment for the home. You’ll have a unique chance to influence the entertainment industry and become part of our story as a venture-funded tech startup. We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options plan
- Employer matching contributions to 401(k)
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Open vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Casual work environment at our friendly North Austin office
Moving around virtual worlds by pushing buttons on a controller feels unnatural and static. To experience true VR, you need to walk around virtual worlds as you do in real life – using your own feet. That’s why we developed “Omni.”
Backed by over $30MM from investors, including Mark Cuban and 12 venture capital funds, Virtuix’s Omni is the first omni-directional treadmill that lets players walk and run in 360 degrees inside VR games and other virtual worlds. The Omni’s immersive experience takes VR to the next level. The system was even portrayed in Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One.
Omni Pro, the commercial version, and Omni Arena, a multiplayer configuration, have become global entertainment hits. We’ve shipped over 4,000 systems to 45 countries, including to major venues like Dave & Buster’s.
In response to demand from Omni fans, we began developing “Omni One,” a consumer version that’s optimized for home use – light, easy to store, and with unmatched freedom of movement (incl. crouching and jumping). Omni One is a complete entertainment system for the home that includes a VR headset and an exclusive ecosystem.
Check out the latest Omni One prototype video:
If interested, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Virtuix is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.