Job title: Operations Assistant
As a pioneer in virtual reality gaming systems, Virtuix Inc. continues to break ground with cutting-edge VR technologies. Virtuix has created two entertainment products that have become global hits: Omni Pro, the commercial version of the Omni, and Omni Arena, a multiplayer configuration for Family Entertainment Centers like Dave and Buster’s. Thanks to the Omni’s popularity at over 500 venues on 5 continents, we have built a large and devoted player community (2 million plays… and counting).
In response to demand from Omni fans, we are now developing “Omni One,” a consumer version of the Omni that’s optimized for home use – light, easy to store, and with unmatched freedom of movement (incl. crouching and jumping). Omni One is a complete gaming platform. Its online game store sells games developed by Virtuix and top titles licensed from third parties.
Learn more about Omni One here: https://omni.virtuix.com
The thrill of walking around inside video games has blown the minds of players at our commercial venues. We plan to take our success in commercial entertainment and scale it into the home. Join our mission to launch Omni One and bring our popular gaming experience to millions of homes around the world.
The Virtuix team is looking for a full-time Operations Assistant at our Austin, TX headquarters to support our U.S. operations.
As an Operations Assistant at Virtuix, you will report to the Operations Director and assist with various tasks related to installation and service of our Omni Arena product, release of our new Omni One product, and day-to-day operation of our Austin office.
- Prepare shipments and packing lists for customer orders and monthly maintenance packages
- Send shipment notifications to customers
- Book travel, lodging, and equipment rentals for the Omni Arena installation team
- Book travel for the CEO and sales team
- Assist with planning and booking team events
- Purchase supplies for the office and breakroom
- Assist with other operations tasks as needed
- Related work experience at a company that manufactures or distributes physical products
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Office programs
- Thrives in a startup’s do-it-all culture
Nice to have:
- Degree or certification in operations-related field
- Customer service experience
- Experience with travel booking
- Experience in other operations tasks, including inventory management, purchasing, and cost tracking
Our ideal candidate has all the above skills, but if you are highly motivated and have most of them, please apply anyway! We will consider any enthusiastic candidate interested in joining our team.
- Competitive compensation package
- Virtuix stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Open vacation policy
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fully stocked kitchen
More about Virtuix:
Moving around virtual worlds by pushing buttons on a controller feels unnatural and static. To experience true VR, you need to walk around virtual worlds as you do in real life – using your own feet. That’s why we developed “Omni.”
Backed by over $35MM from investors, including Mark Cuban and 12 venture capital funds, Virtuix’s Omni is the first omni-directional treadmill that lets players walk and run in 360 degrees inside VR games and other virtual worlds. The Omni’s immersive experience takes VR to the next level. The system was even portrayed in Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One.
Omni Pro, the commercial version, and Omni Arena, a multiplayer configuration, have become global entertainment hits. We’ve shipped over 4,000 systems to 45 countries, including to major venues like Dave & Buster’s.
In response to demand from Omni fans, we began developing “Omni One,” a consumer version that’s optimized for home use.
Watch this video about our company’s achievements to date and future product roadmap:
Virtuix is blazing the market trail for ultimate immersive gaming. If working at the forefront of tech’s convergence with gaming excites you, then Virtuix is the place to be.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtuix is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.