Virtuix has an immediate need for a well-rounded marketing star with a passion for virtual reality and gaming. As a Marketing Manager at Virtuix, you are excited about the possibilities that the Virtuix Omni brings to the virtual reality landscape. You will use your energy, experience and creativity to develop fun and innovative ideas on how to get more customers to know, want and love our products.
You will become part of a great team at a company that is pioneering the new wave of virtual reality. This position comes with an amazing degree of both scope and responsibility and a unique chance to influence the industry, the company and your role in the emerging Active VR space.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- • Plan and execute high profile trade show events with a high attention to detail.
- • Create and edit marketing content including videos, display ads, email, marketing collateral and support material.
- • Know the numbers. Lead the effort to gather and analyze website and marketing campaign performance. Optimize and repeat.
- • Evangelize Virtuix products and Active VR among press, customers, and virtual reality enthusiasts.
- • Create contact strategy to engage and grow the Virtuix communities via social media, forum, and email.
Required skills and experience:
- • BA / BS degree or an equivalent level of experience.
- • 5+ years of marketing experience.
- • Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically about complex issues leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- • Demonstrated obsessiveness with details.
- • Experience working with communities on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Reddit.
- • Experience creating videos and content. (We’ll want to see samples.)
- • Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator.
- • Experience organizing and executing trade shows.
- • Experience with WordPress and WooCommerce is a plus.
- • Ability to travel 10%-20% including some weekends.
What we offer:
- • Competitive compensation including company stock
- • Health, dental and vision insurance
- • Open vacation policy
- • Paid maternity and paternity leave
- • Fully stocked kitchen
- • Weekly company happy hours
- • Casual work environment
- • There is no relocation available for this position.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas Virtuix is the pioneer of the Active VR category and developer of the Omni – the first-of-its-kind motion platform that enables walking and running in virtual environments. With a successful $1.1 million Kickstarter Campaign, more than 5,000 pre-order customers and over $16M in funding to date, Virtuix is blazing the market trail for ultimate immersive gaming. If you want to be on the forefront of virtual reality innovation, working with Virtuix is the place to be. Join our fast growing 30-person team and be a part of an innovation that will disrupt the way we game, exercise, work, meet and live.
Please send video samples, a cover letter, and your resume to Careers@Virtuix.com