Omniverse Game Updates
We are excited to announce that one of our most popular games, the zombie shooter VRZ Torment, is receiving a multiplayer expansion! In this new version, up to 8 players can play together to shoot hordes of zombies and compete for the high score. Omni operators will receive an email later this month with the release date and setup instructions for the multiplayer edition of VRZ.
We updated the age rating of The Exorcist: Legion VR from “Mature” to “Teen,” reflecting the game’s ESRB and PEGI ratings. This scary game, based on a classic horror movie, is a thrilling VR experience suitable for teens and above.
We also released an update to Omni Arena that adds two new features:
- An in-game button that allows players to skip the tutorial at the beginning of each game.
- A menu button in the 2D version of the game that allows the operator to disable the game’s voice communication functionality (eliminating a disturbing audio loop that sometimes occurs when external speakers are placed behind the Omni).
Finally, we made several game assets available to our operators to help advertise Omniverse games and provide information about each game to customers:
- A web-based game preview application that allows customers to browse and learn about Omniverse games on their phone or tablet: http://omniverse.virtuix.com.
- A two-minute game highlights video showing all the Omniverse games in a condensed reel: https://youtu.be/H-_2mWKi9T0.
- A physical “Games Book” showing all available Omniverse games that can be printed out for display at a venue, and game posters and banners of our most popular games.
Omni Base Summer Sale
To get your Omni systems in great shape for the summer months, we are offering a 50% discount on Omni replacement bases at www.virtuix.com/products.
The Omni Base (the octagonal plastic base of your Omni) is the system’s key mechanical component, and any cracks or dirt buildup can degrade the Omni experience. We recommend replacing the Omni Base at least once every 12 months.
Additionally, if you have not done so yet, be sure to check out our latest and improved accessories at www.virtuix.com/products, including our Omni Overshoes, new Strapless Harness, and a Maintenance Essentials kit to keep your Omni Base in good shape.
Operator News and Events
On May 16, Virtuix CEO Jan Goetgeluk spoke at the FOIL Conference in Las Vegas about “VR and AR Sports – The Next Evolution in E-Sports.” Given its combination of exciting VR gameplay and physical activity, we believe the Omni is an excellent fit for eSports, or more specifically, VR eSports.
Our distributor in Italy, Gieffe S.R.L., displayed four Omni systems at Comicon Napoli from April 28 to May 1. More than a hundred visitors tried out our latest Omniverse games, making the Omni the hit of the show.
Our distributor in Mexico and Central America, APEX, exhibited the Omni at the Talent Land Expo in Guadalajara, April 22-26.
Our distributor in Russia, DiGiS Group, participated in the Moscow International Education Fair, the country’s largest education exhibition, showing several Omni systems together with content developed by the Moscow University of Finance and Law.
Jan and the Virtuix Team