Technical Sales Engineer
Virtuix has an immediate need for a well-rounded technical sales engineer with a passion for virtual reality and a talent for delivering exceptional customer service. Virtuix is in the early stages of delivering the Omni, the first-of-its-kind motion platform that enables walking and running in virtual environments, to distributors and commercial customers. As a technical sales engineer, you will use your energy and skills to effectively communicate the value of our offering to our potential customers and ensure the operational success of our distributors and commercial customers after the sale.
You will become part of a great team at a company that is pioneering the new wave of virtual reality. This position comes with an amazing degree of both scope and responsibility and a unique chance to influence the industry, the company, and your role in the emerging Active VR space.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- • Support customers post-sale with onsite training and support
- • Diagnose hardware and software issues in the field and provide fixes
- • Qualify sales leads and quickly lead them to a decision on whether to purchase our products
- • Manage communication with commercial customer and distributor accounts
- • Know the customer. Understand customers’ businesses, what is working and what isn’t, and deliver actionable insights to the product and marketing teams
- • Support sales and marketing team activities as necessary including trade shows, customer demonstrations, reporting, etc
Required skills and experience:
- • BS degree or an equivalent level of experience; ME / EE background preferred
- • Comfortable with mechanical repairs, software systems, and IT support
- • 3+ years of technical sales and on-site customer support
- • Experience with and a passion for gaming and virtual reality technology
- • Demonstrated obsessiveness with details
- • Experience in the commercial entertainment industry is a plus
- • Ability to travel up to 50%, including some weekends
What we offer:
- • Competitive compensation including company stock
- • Health, dental, and vision insurance
- • Open vacation policy
- • Paid maternity and paternity leave
- • Fully stocked kitchen
- • Weekly company happy hours
- • Casual work environment
- • There is no relocation available for this position
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Virtuix is the pioneer of the Active VR category and developer of the
Omni – the first-of-its-kind motion platform that enables walking and running in virtual environments.
With a successful $1.1 million Kickstarter Campaign, more than 5,000 pre-order customers and over
$16M in funding to date, Virtuix is blazing the market trail for ultimate immersive gaming. If you want to
be on the forefront of virtual reality innovation, working with Virtuix is the place to be. Join our fast
growing 30-person team and be a part of an innovation that will disrupt the way we game, exercise,
work, meet and live.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@Virtuix.com.