Why is the VR Boom not keeping the HMD cable out of the way of the player?
This may be happening due to improper VR Boom placement. Follow these tips for best results.
- The tip of the VR Boom should be about 3 feet above the player’s head.
- For Vive users, do not route the cable through the back strap, only the top strap.
- Make sure there is 2 to 3 feet of cable between the HMD (head-mounted display) and the clasp of the retractable cable mechanism.
- The base of the VR Boom should be far enough away that the player’s arms do not hit the pole of the VR Boom while playing.
- IMPORTANT: When finished with a play session, unwind the HMD cable as it may have twisted during play. This will ensure smooth play for the next session.