The HTC Vive HMD (head-mounted display) and controllers are not being tracked properly. What should I do?
Adhere to the following guidelines to ensure proper functioning of the HTC Vive tracking system:
- Blocking line-of-sight between these base stations and the player will disrupt tracking, so never stand in front of the tracking stations or block their line-of-sight.
- Avoid interference from a second pair of base stations in the vicinity. Only use one pair of base stations for your Omni(s).
- Avoid reflective materials like mirrors, shiny floors, or shiny wall objects around the Omni.
- Avoid excessive sunlight.
- Remove the plastic film that covers the front of the base stations when shipped.
- Mount the base stations as high as possible (the higher, the better) and point them towards the floor at a 60-degree angle, making sure they provide enough coverage for the players.
- For improved tracking and less interference, connect the two base stations via the included syncing cable (A/B connection).
- Do not move the base stations after you have positioned them and run room setup.