The Virtuix engineering team is looking for a versatile software developer to join our team in Austin, TX. Prior experience with virtual reality and immersive gaming is not essential. As a programmer at Virtuix, you will become part of a great team that is pioneering the new wave of virtual reality. You will work alongside engineers and game developers to create fun and innovative systems for the Omni entertainment platform.
This position comes with an amazing degree of both scope and responsibility and a unique chance to influence the industry, the company and your role in the emerging Active VR space.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- • Develop and implement new server-side and client-side front-end and back-end systems, including an eSports gaming platform, for existing and upcoming Omni products on a variety of Windows and Linux based hardware platforms.
- • Rapidly prototype features/systems and see them to completion.
- • Maintain and debug your own and existing code.
- • Expand and support the Omniverse system, the Omni’s proprietary VR content distribution and arcade management software.
Required skills and experience:
- • Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or another related field.
- • Web based development
- ○ LAMP stack (or similar) experience.
- ○ .NET experience.
- • Windows / Linux development
- ○ C++ experience.
- ○ C# experience.
- • Ability to work with designers & artists to see an idea to completion.
- • Collaborate productively; communicate ideas and issues clearly across disciplines.
- • Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure. Meet multiple production objectives and deadlines.
- • A strong passion for software development.
Additional skills we’d like to see:
- • Experience with Node.JS.
Our ideal candidate has all of the above skills, but if you are highly motivated and have one or more of them, please apply anyway! We will consider any enthusiastic candidate interested in joining our team.
Who We Look For:
- • Unequivocal excellence with attention to detail and responsiveness.
- • Hard worker and a continuous desire for self-improvement with no room for complacency or entitlement.
- • Positive, can-do, “get-it-done” attitude.
- • Excited and passionate about your work.
What We Offer:
- • Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Open Vacation Policy
- • Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- • Fully Stocked Kitchen
- • Weekly Company Happy Hours
- • Quarterly Celebrations
- • Casual Work Environment
- • Competitive Compensation
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Virtuix is the pioneer of the Active VR category and developer of the Omni – the first-of-its-kind motion platform that enables waking and running in virtual environments. With more than 3,000 Omnis shipped worldwide and over $18MM in funding to date, Virtuix is blazing the market trail for ultimate immersive gaming. If you want to be on the forefront of virtual reality innovation, working with Virtuix is the place to be. Join our fast growing 30-person team and be a part of an innovation that will disrupt the way we game, exercise, work, meet and live.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Doug.Shuffield@Virtuix.com.