Job Title: Game Programmer
Status: Full-time Contract-to-Hire
The Virtuix game development team is looking for a Game Programmer with a passion for virtual reality and immersive gaming. As a Game Programmer at Virtuix, you are excited about the possibilities that the Virtuix Omni brings to the virtual reality landscape. You will work alongside a team of game developers to create high-quality systems for games and for Omniverse, our proprietary content-delivery platform.
You will become part of a talented team at a company that is pioneering the new wave of virtual reality. This position comes with an amazing degree of both scope and responsibility and a unique change to influence the industry, the company and your role in the emerging Active VR space.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- • Develop low-level gameplay systems for Virtuix games, including improved networking and matchmaking, AI, IK, and additional mechanics.
- • Design and implement features for the Omniverse content platform, including an eSports competition system, improved VR lobby, account management, voice chat integration, game analytics, and more.
- • Implement a leaderboard and eSports SDK that that makes use of an existing online database.
- • Maintain Unity and UE4 SDKs that communicate with hardware and database systems, including thorough documentation.
- • Create a more efficient system to deliver SDK updates, for example via the UE4 marketplace and Unity asset store.
Required skills and experience:
- • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- • 2+ years of experience developing games with Unreal Engine 4 and Unity
- • 3+ years of game or game engine development experience (Unity and UE4 preferred)
- • Unreal Engine 4 C++ and Blueprint game programming experience and knowledge of good object-oriented software engineering practices
- • Experience building an SDK or game tools
- • C# programming experience (especially within Unity)
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail
- • Able to follow direction and complete assigned work in a timely manner
- • A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of game systems
- • Collaborate productively; communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- • Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- • Experience working with network game logic
- • Experience building data driven game systems
- • Familiarity with current virtual reality systems and games
Who We Look For:
- • Unequivocal excellence with attention to detail and responsiveness
- • Hard worker and a continuous desire for self-improvement with no room for complacency or entitlement
- • Positive, can-do, “get-it-done” attitude
- • Excited and passionate about your work
What We Offer:
- • Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Open Vacation Policy
- • Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- • Fully Stocked Kitchen
- • Weekly Company Happy Hours
- • Quarterly Celebrations
- • Casual Work Environment
- • Competitive Compensation
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Virtuix is the pioneer of the Active VR category and developer of the Omni – the first-of-its-kind motion platform that enables waking and running in virtual environments. With more than 3,000 Omnis shipped worldwide and over $18MM in funding to date, Virtuix is blazing the market trail for ultimate immersive gaming. If you want to be on the forefront of virtual reality innovation, working with Virtuix is the place to be. Join our fast growing 30-person team and be a part of an innovation that will disrupt the way we game, exercise, work, meet and live.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Cameron.Slayter@Virtuix.com.